Texas Pastel Society
Regional Juried Competition/Exhibition Prospectus and Entry Form
May 6 - June 18, 2011
San Antonio Central Library Gallery
Tim Jones, Judge
Assistant Professor/Fine Arts Coordinator - Northwest Vista College
Best of Show $500
and other cash awards
Landscape, Portrait / Figure,
Still Life/Floral, Animal/Wildlife
Open to all Texas artists working in the soft pastel medium.
All work must reflect the theme "Celebrate Texas".
All work must be at least 80% soft pastel. Hard pastels are considered soft pastel.
NO OIL PASTELS.
No objectionable content.
Entries must be original from concept to completion. A copy of another artist's work, work based on photos not taken by the artist, work done under the guidance of an instructor or in a classroom setting is not eligible.
Paintings must have been completed no earlier than January 2009.
Work must not have been previously exhibited in any TXPS Juried show or received a major award from TXPS or another art group.
Size: Image must not exceed 36"X48". Any artwork 24"x36" or larger MUST be framed using Plexiglass or it will not be hung.
Work must be firmly framed, under glass or Plexi-Glass, with screw eyes and strong wire, ready to hang. No sawtooth hangers.
Artwork need not be for sale. Any sales will be strictly between artist and client; TXPS will only provide artist's contact information.
Artwork must remain for the duration of the show – through Saturday, June 18th.
Entry form, fee, and digital images must be received no later than
Friday, March 25 , 2011
1. Mail completed entry form and entry fee to TXPS.
· Each artist may submit up to three (3) entries.
· TXPS member entry fee - $25
· Non-member entry fee - $35
Fees are non-refundable.
2. Submit digital images - by email only. No CDs.
· File format must be JPG.
· File size not to exceed 1.8 MB; no more than 2000 pixels height or width
TXPS will not resize.
· Crop image to exclude frame and/or mat.
· Digital images must accurately represent your work.
· File should be saved as: last name of artist-title.jpg.
Example: Lopez-Canyon Twilight Blue.jpg
· Send one image per email to: email@example.com.
· Email should also include artist name, phone #, title, image size (HxW),
TXPS reserves the right to re-categorize an entry.
· Notification of accepted works via email by Monday, April 11, 2011.
Entries must be hand-delivered, ready to hang. NO EXCEPTIONS.
· Tuesday, May 3 , 2011, 12 noon- 7 p.m.
· San Antonio Central Library Gallery
· 600 Soledad St., San Antonio, Texas
Opening Reception and Awards Ceremony
· Thursday, May 5, 2011, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
· Awards 7:00 p.m.
· San Antonio Central Library Gallery, 600 Soledad St., San Antonio, Texas
· Gallery hours: Mon-Thurs, 9 a.m.-9 p.m., Fri & Sat, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.,
Sun 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
· Show runs through Saturday, June 18th.
· Art MUST be picked up on Sunday, June 19, 12 noon - 4 p.m.
Artwork not picked up on that date will be removed from the gallery and
assessed a $5 per day storage fee.
Contact: Mary Campos Lopez email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Texas Pastel Society - "Celebrate Texas"
2011 Regional Juried Competition/Exhibition
Please print legibly Form must be received by Friday, March 25, 2011.
Categories: Landscape, Portrait/ Figure, Still life/Floral, Animal/Wildlife
Entry Title 1________________________________________________________
Image size (HxW)________Price_________Category_______________
Entry Title 2_________________________________________________________
Entry Title 3_________________________________________________________
Image size( HxW)________Price_________Category_______________
TXPS will reserve the right to use an image of the artwork for promotional purposes and for viewing on the TXPS website for a period of two years from the date on the entry form.
Hold Harmless Agreement
While all art will receive due care in handling and display, the Texas Pastel Society, San Antonio Central Library, and all connected with this exhibition will not be responsible for loss or damage of any artwork. Insurance coverage is the responsibility of the individual artist.
I have read and agree to all the conditions in the prospectus and the entry form. Entry forms will not be accepted without a signature.
Check #________ $25 - TXPS members, $35 - non-members.
Mail to: Texas Pastel Society, P.O. Box 37066, San Antonio, Texas 78237-9998